Author Topic: What Did You do Today - Car Related?  (Read 163537 times)

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
Re: What Did You do Today - Car Related?
« Reply #1170 on: July 20, 2022, 01:20:32 AM »
Thanks guys for the well wishes. Stayed in bed pretty much all day slugging Gatorades.  Found some new bruises.  Amazing what I hit on the way down.  Funny thing is I was sitting at the table and felt the spins coming so I put my head down on my arms to keep me from falling. Never felt the impact,  just woke up on the floor. 😬
Anyhow im doing ok. Took another test and still +.
Supposed to be back at work tomorrow. I'll take another one in the morning and see.  I don't have a cough or fever just soreness. 
Also no black eye just a red mark going down my face where the corner of the table rubbed it.
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

chopper526

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1171 on: July 21, 2022, 12:13:08 PM »
Hope you're feeling better Rattiac.
Tighten it up til it strips, then back it off a quarter turn

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1172 on: July 21, 2022, 07:36:29 PM »
After finally getting a negative test,  Went back to work Wednesday but I feel weak every morning,  gets better as the day goes on.   :)
Trying to stay out of the sun. To me it feels extremely hot even though it's the high 90's.
Kinda hate summer right now.
Thanks for the well wishes,  means alot. 
I have PTSD.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1173 on: July 22, 2022, 12:39:50 AM »
On the way home Tuesday I destroyed a tire on the '07 Silverado. I was hoping to make to to fall but I have an appointment for a new set of tires Saturday. The rim is damaged but I am hoping it is still useable because I haven't found a replacement yet. The worst thing is that the spare would not come down. So there I was 100 degrees in the non existent shade 1/4 mole from home on a steep hill and the spare was stuck. So I drove on the already ruined tire.

Wednesday I pried, beat, and cussed at the spare tire cable crank thing for an hour or so. I've had a few of these things but not one this new. I gave up and looked it up on line and found a BUNCH if videos about this same issue. It seems that a safety latch was added that more often than not latches and won't let the tire lower. Even when it works it seems you have to remove the license plate while jacking up the spare and use the lug wrench to release the safety latch. You have to set the stock jack on the wheel chalks to reach the spare. How dangerous is that and convent too. After rolling around under the truck for about an hour I was able to use a screwdriver to release the latch which I immediately removed with a cutoff wheel like is suggested in most of the videos. We'll see if it stays up there without the latch. All my old ones do.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1174 on: July 22, 2022, 12:30:17 PM »
Rattiac, glad your over the hump. Brother said he finaly felt good but didn't test negative for another 4 days.

Sixball, i've heard stories about those spair carriers. Thought a while back to see if my '03 Silverado would come down ok. Then remembered i couldn't drag the tire out of there if it did come down🥴

Been hotter than all get out here for over a month also. Yesterday was the first day in 3 and a half weeks of constant 100+days. It only got up to 97 yesterday, felt pretty decent.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1175 on: July 22, 2022, 01:31:01 PM »
Here's a tip for those spares Sammons.  Drop the spare 1st with some slack in the cable then drive forward a few feet.

Be glad none of ya have a dodge minivan. The spare is located in the center of the vehicle cause of stow-n-go seating.  Ya have a hole through the console to stick the long tube/socket to drop the spare.
I've had to remove those just to get the seat bolts underneath.
Sixball::;; maybe put that spare in the bed from now on.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 01:51:44 PM by Rattiac »
I have PTSD.

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1176 on: July 22, 2022, 03:22:00 PM »
It's been hot here in Ky also, going to be 100 degrees this weekend, I mowed this morning first time in 4 weeks to hot and dry
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 09:44:49 PM by 62131 »

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1177 on: July 22, 2022, 07:34:24 PM »
I actually put one from an '89 on my '53. The older ones have worked well for me. I hope this one works like the old ones without the latch. If not there are replacements sold that have no latch. I do too much hauling to lose the space the spare would take. I took the wheel into Less Schwab today and the guy said he thinks it will be fine, not pretty but fine. New tires tomorrow.
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1178 on: July 23, 2022, 12:08:56 AM »
Here's some pics from the cruise night last week.
When I pulled in,  a guy with 2 small kids passed by and the lil boy screamed out "Rusteeze". A sticker from the Cars movie I have on the back window.
Seemed fitting for my rusty car. 😄
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 12:31:20 AM by Rattiac »
I have PTSD.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1179 on: July 24, 2022, 11:18:48 AM »
Looks like fun. I like the first one best.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1180 on: July 24, 2022, 11:47:19 AM »
I spent a couple of hours at Les Schwab yesterday where they put on the wrong tires. It seems there is an AT & MT in the same tire. MUD/ Traction vs All Terrain but more important to me the AT has a 50,000 mile tread warranty and the MT has zero because it is considered an off road tire. We miscommunicated and 4 MTs were mounted. They didn't have the ATs so I go back Tuesday and they will swap them out. I also scheduled an alignment but as I expected the truck need a postman arm, idler arm & all 4 tie rod ends. Their labor quote wasn't bad bit the parts were twice what they cost at O'Reilly without my discount. $ 837-$425 and that was the better O'Reilly parts. So I'll call my mechanic friend and see when he can do it and call my son and get the good discount. I don't blame shops for making something on parts because if they fail they are still out the labor even if the part is replaced but 100% markup is too much since most parts won't fail. Anyway I still like Les Schwab it was just a mistake and the guy helping me is a former student.  :)

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1181 on: July 24, 2022, 06:58:30 PM »
I rebuilt the complete under carriage of the 95 Jeep Cherokee for around 900 bucks, bought all my parts from Rock Auto, they have great prices, but you have to wait and pay freight.  I put Goodyear all terrain tires on it, I'm not a fan of Goodyear tires but the price was right

Essex_29

• Stovebolt
« Reply #1182 on: September 06, 2022, 01:06:07 PM »
Not actually today, but during the weekend:
I was at the
 West Coast Motor show Here on the Finnish west coast.

Lots of nice pics from the show. American cars, but also other vehicles. Feel free to take a look at the link.

https://buickadi.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Vuoden+2022+Tapahtumia/Westcoast+Motor+Show+3-4+9/

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1183 on: September 06, 2022, 03:56:17 PM »
Worked on the Jeep again today, the check engine light would come on and throw a code 21, 02 sensor. What I found was a bad connection in the connector so far after 75 miles no code

sammons

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1184 on: September 06, 2022, 06:46:19 PM »
👍 Glad you checked connection.

The last place I worked, parts department (auto parts and auto repair shop),  we had sort of the same deal. Mechanic came up front to get a sensor, came back 15mins later. "That one dosen't work", so I went back and got another one. He came back again, "this one is bad also". I ask him if he checked connection and the wire. "Yep, thats all good. He came back again, "whats with all these new sensors bad, give me another". All i had was 3 in stock, generaly didn't have that many bad AC/Delco parts.

When the bossman came back in from lunch i told him. I told him it was probably a bad connection or wire broke. He went back to the shop, sure enough, the wire had broken about a half inch back of the connector in a bend. The insulation was fine but the wire was broke inside. He said it felt soft there so he cut back the insulation.

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal