Author Topic: What Did You do Today - Car Related?  (Read 163462 times)

sixball

• Master Deluxe
Re: What Did You do Today - Car Related?
« Reply #1125 on: May 26, 2022, 11:57:38 PM »
I put a new battery in my '53 today. I dismounted two tires cleaned the rims & painted them. Tomorrow I mount the new tires, balance them and put them on the rear of the pickup. That will allow ne to put the Olds hub caps back on. I need to fix the E-brake and make sure all the light are working, The Inliners International Convention is in Carson City next week. I am doing a presentation about using citric acid to remove rust and I still have a trophy to make for our car show. The '53 is getting pretty rough. It's life out side & my road are taking a toll. Runs great!  8)
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #1126 on: May 27, 2022, 06:39:56 AM »
Only thing I did today and has been awhile since I worked on the '33,was to install a flasher module that flashes 4 times then stays on continuous like a third brake light should..this was given to me by a friend and ask me if I installed it every time he sees me.....I'll send him a video now that I have it installed and working   

I'd be interested in more info about that flasher module! (part number, source)
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1127 on: May 27, 2022, 03:17:28 PM »
Strobe controller,was trying to post video but would not accept it
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 03:19:06 PM by FATnLOW »

EDNY

• Bowtie Admin
  • Master Deluxe
33 Chevy 5 Window, 34 Chevy 3 Window, 37 Chevy 4dr sedan

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1129 on: May 27, 2022, 04:59:12 PM »
I have to say it sure is an attention getter when they strobe my LED third brake light was going to share a video but this site wont accept MP4 videos

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1130 on: May 27, 2022, 06:26:58 PM »
Well, I've been working on the 95 jeep Grand Cherokee I bought last month. I have replaced just about every wearable part on it. Fixing things that someone else had messed with, all I can say some people do not need tools. :) All she needs now is a front-end alignment, I've got it pretty close, took it out for a short drive today and she drove really well. Hopefully it will get me to Colorado and back in September on my prairie dog shoot. 

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1131 on: May 29, 2022, 02:46:26 PM »
Sounds like a good jeep.  8)
Yesterday I installed a fuel pressure regulator on the 32.  Set it at 3.5psi. Took it for a drive , still has that small hesitation. 
Pulled the carb last night and Wow 😳 there was alot of debris in there  . Probably from the tank and the previous car it was in.  No wonder the accelerator pump didn't work.  I may start running 2 filters.
Need to swap the accelerator pump and reassemble today. 
Hoping to do a smokey burnout soon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 02:50:47 PM by Rattiac »
I have PTSD.
Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1132 on: May 30, 2022, 11:23:40 PM »
I fixed the E/parking brake on the '53 today. It hasn't worked well since I went to open driveline at least 20 years ago. Recently it hasn't worked at all. There was not enough adjustment in the stock linkage to work with the E-brake cables on the Dana 44 I used. It's been bugging me and I couldn't figure an easy way to shorten it up. Today it came to me. The clevises that connect the Dana to the '53 linkage were very long. I remembered some shorter ones on a '29 Chevy frame in the piles. Same thread 5/16x24 and same pin size. I switched them with no other modification and now I can park on hills!  8)  It shortened length about 2" per side. So simple but it wasn't easy. Those things had rusted a lot since 1929.  ::)
The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.  Edwin Conklin

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1133 on: May 31, 2022, 12:49:48 AM »
Good to hear ya working on the 53.  8)
Im gonna have to do the same one day.  The throw on the factory ebrake lever isn't long enough to activate the rear brakes all the way.

Fired up the 32 and checked out the accelerator pump.  At first it wasn't squirting but after a drive it started squirting again but the driver's side is weak.
Gonna get a rebuild kit and go through the whole thing next weekend.
Also played with the accelerator rod.  Tried all 3 positions.  Not much differences there .

Looking back at my notes in the edelbrock manual im starting to 2nd guess the changes I made. They got me passed emissions at the time in a different car.
Those darn numbers they stamp on the jets  are so small and unreadable . Magnifying glass time.
I'll probably return it back to stock and see what happens.
It should be able to spin the tires but just bogs and pushes the front tires.

I have PTSD.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1134 on: May 31, 2022, 01:34:06 AM »
That was my E-brake problem. The brake linkage could not move the cable enough to set the brake and there was not enough adjustment in the system.

I sent the carbs for my roadster build in to get rebuilt. A couple of hundred each but I won't be second guessing my rebuilding skills. They should be like new when I get them back.

Rattiac

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1135 on: June 01, 2022, 10:39:10 PM »
Well after sitting a few days,  the car fired up immediately 😊.  Must have done something right.  When I do tear it apart again,  I'll pay particular attention to the air passages in the idle circuit.

Getting ready for another Off-Road/Overlanding show this weekend.  Getting the trailer all detailed.
Hoping to get there right as they open up so I can get a front row spot near the entrance.
I have PTSD.

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1136 on: June 03, 2022, 11:49:24 PM »
SO....Busy with Inliners International duties and trying to get the '53 ready for the show tomorrow, already missed the rest of the convention. While just fixing some stuff, new battery, fix E brake, mount two new rear tires, fix long time slow leak in right front tire, and hoping for general cleanup I found a fuel leak. OK, replaced old rotten rubber connector. Still leaked and appeared to be from the fuel pump. Removed it and could see nothing wrong. I cleaned it up and made sure the connections were good. I started the engine & it still leaked. I put a new fuel pump on and the leak disappeared. ?? I headed for town to meet a friend and take it to the car wash to clean the engine, wash the truck, and get the blue stuff off the new whitewalls. We headed out accelerating on the highway and right in the middle of third gear it fell on it's nose, like running out go gas. I had not changed the filter so we limped into town and put on a new one. Went to the carwash to see you can not clean the engine there so we decided to go into Carson City. Got back on the highway and it fell off again while accelerating. Got pissed! On the way to the bar  ::) we were surprised to find that while cruising at speed to was fine but fell off under accretion. This was not an issue before I found the original leak. Decided to skip the show and figure it out some other day but while discussing it over a few beers I decided that I was going to a show and nor a race. I'm meeting my friend at 7:30 and heading to the show. The Truck is dirty, the engine is greasy, the new white walls are blue but I wasn't going to get a trophy anyway.  :)

sixball

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1137 on: June 05, 2022, 10:47:03 AM »
We just finished up with the Inliners International convention. It was a good one and was combined with the Northern Nevada Chapter's annual Show "Rappin' to Minden" I'm posting a link to our website's "active topics" so you can check out the updates of the cars & activities. Keep checking back as I expect content to be added. There will be at least one big post one with all of the cars at the show, about 80. Lots of Bowties and there was a section for the non-inlines too.  :) For those who don't get it.  ::)
https://www.inliners.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=activetopics&range=30&type=t

FATnLOW

• Master Deluxe
« Reply #1138 on: June 05, 2022, 08:56:45 PM »
This is the '37  I helped my friend on

TFoch

• Bowtie Moderator
  • Master Deluxe
« Reply #1139 on: June 06, 2022, 08:02:39 AM »
Nice ride!
Spending time with my grandkids gets in the way of finishing my car but I don't regret it!

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

OTHER FORUMS

AMERICAN DREAM CARS
CANADIAN RODDER FORUM
CHEVY 348/409 (W) Engine Forum
Classic Shop Talk
Inliners International
Killbillet Rat Rod Forum
LAY IT LOW
METAL MEET FORUM
The H.A.M.B.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America

CHEVY PARTS SOURCES

AMERICAN ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS
ALBANY COUNTY FASTENERS (SS NUTS/BOLTS etc)
AN PLUMBING FITTINGS/ADAPTERS ETC
1933-1935 Buy/Sell Chevy Parts
BOB’S CLASSIC AUTO GLASS (& rubber seals) Ask for Forum Discount
BOWTIE REPRODUCTIONS
Chevs of the 40’s Parts
Chevy Supply of Assonet
Classic Fabrication
Dropped Axles & Axle Reference Site
Early Chevrolet Parts
EMS Auto Parts
Exhaust Parts – Including Oval Pipe
GLEN RARICK (LaFargeville, NY) Vintage Chevy Parts
Hamby Motors – Vintage Parts SC
HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS
HOTRODDERS.COM CLASSIFIED
I&I 1929-1954 Chevrolet Reproduction Parts
JULIANO’S HOT ROD PARTS
McNichols PERFORATED METAL SUPPLIER
METRO Rubber Restoration Parts & Weather-Stripping
OBSOLETE CHEVY PARTS CO.
OLD CHEVY TRUCKS (Parts)
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
REPAIR CONNECTOR STORE
Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc
RESTORATION SUPPLY COMPANY
ROCKAUTO "Search retailmenot.com for discount codes"
ROCKY MOUNTAIN RELICS
Smooth steel running boards for classic cars and trucks
Rock Valley Antique & Street Rod Parts
Silver Spittoon Antiques
Steele Rubber Parts
STRAPWORKS.COM
Superior Glass Works
SURPLUS CENTER misc electrical, hydraulics etc
The Filling Station – Vintage Chevy & GMC Parts
TAIL LIGHT KING
TRADERVAR Auto Gauges & Test Equip
VINTAGE PARTS CLUB

TECH LINKS – REFERENCE & MISC

1931 Chevrolet
1932 Chevrolet
BCC Bin Look Up
BCC Bin Look Up (#2)
Bergeson Universal Steering
CHEVROLET HISTORY 1916-1942
CHEVY MANIA
CHEVROLET Model Identification Charts
Chevrolet Production Figures
CHEVY TALK
Chevy Thunder (Great SBC Fuel Injection Reference Site)
CLASSIFIED SEARCH
CLIPS & FASTENERS
COMPNINE Total VIN Decoder
CRAIGSLIST SEARCH TEMPEST
DAVE's Small-Body HEI’s
DeCode This VIN Decoder FREE ONE
ENGINE BUILDER MAGAZINE
Engine RPM Calculator
GearHead EFI Forums
GM Gen III+ Engine Crank Spacing & Interchange
GM TH-200-R4 Transmission
HOT RODDER JOURNAL
LeBaron Bonney Company-Vintage Car Interior
McPherson 4 Year College Degree - Automotive Restoration
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
New England Chrome Plating
OBD2 ENGINE CODES
OLD CAR ADVERTISING – CHEVROLET INDEX
OLD CHEVY PICTURES BY YEAR
PERFORMANCE DYNAMICS SPEED SHOP (EFI & Misc AN Fittings)
SEMA Action Network BREAKING NEWS
SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE SUFFIX CODES
StoveBolt
TEAM 208 MOTORSPORTS Custom Wiring, Tuning, EFI
The12Volt - Free Vehicle Wiring, Relay Diagrams, and Technical Information
The Filling Station - Classic Chevrolet Tech Articles

Website Free Tracking
Stats Of Website
Flag Counter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal